Items can be reserved in the library or online. To reserve online, login with your membership number (found on your library card with the barcode) and PIN. If you don't have a PIN, you can arrange one over the phone on 1300 655 355 or on your next visit.
We will notify you when the item is available. There is no charge to reserve an item.
New books may be requested or suggested and will be evaluated against our Collection Development Guidelines. To request or suggest an item, speak to a staff member on your next visit or call 1300 655 355. Please provide title, author and ISBN as well as your membership number and contact details. At present, it's not possible to submit these requests online, however we hope to offer this option at a future date.
We will notify you when the item is available. N.B. We don't accept requests for magazines.
Suggestions are welcome, however we don't follow these up with you individually. If the suggested item is purchased it will be added to the collection and can be located via a catalogue search or by setting up a personal profile.
Setting up a Personal Profile
A personal profile allows you to receive email alerts when new items are added to the library that match your preferences. Refer to the instructions for help or go straight to the login page to start setting up your profile. N.B. If you don't have a PIN or an email address registered on your membership, this can be arranged on your next visit or by phone on 1300 655 355.
LibraryLink connects databases from public libraries across Victoria so that a library member can check the holdings of other libraries and request the transfer of items online.
Please contact the library first if you have any questions about placing a request on LibraryLink.
• Requests should only be submitted for items not held by Darebin Libraries
• Items published in the last 24 months will first be assessed for purchase before requesting via inter-library loan
• DVD, music CDs and CDROMs are lent at the discretion of the lending library
• The due date is determined by the lending library
• A charge of $16.50 applies if the item comes from universities and other libraries who charge us
• Charges are payable on collection of the item
• Lost/damaged inter-library loans may incur higher fees and charges
• eBooks and eAudiobooks are not available on inter-library loan
Place an LibraryLink Inter-Library Loan
Visit the LibraryLink Victoria website. You will need your card and PIN/Password in order to place your LibraryLink inter-library loan request.
Trove helps you find and use resources relating to Australia. Trove brings together content from libraries, museums, archives and other research organisations and gives you tools to explore and build.